Global Surface and Atmospheric Radiative Fluxes
A new, third-generation, high-resolution version of the ISCCP radiative flux profile product, ISCCP-FH, is now available. Like the second-generation ISCCP-FD, it includes all upwelling and downwelling, shortwave and longwave radiative fluxes at the top of the atmosphere (TOA), at three levels in the atmosphere, and at the surface using a complete radiative transfer model, developed from the GISS GCM ModelE with improved observations of the physical properties of the surface, atmosphere, and clouds based on the third-generation, International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project (ISCCP) H-series products. Results are obtained every three hours over the whole globe on a 110-km equal-area (EQ) global grid covering the time period July 1983 through June 2017 (to be extended as available). The ISCCP-FH product contains these fluxes for full, clear and overcast (cloudy) sky, along with the input data used in the flux calculations.
The ISCCP-FH product consists of five sub-products. Flux at TOA, Surface, Atmospheric profile and its monthly means, and Input data sets are available for download. See the README file in the documentation for additional information about the files.
Questions about using the ISCCP-FH product may be directed to Dr. Yuanchong Zhang of Columbia University at NASA GISS. Questions related to the ISCCP H-series data product may be directed to Dr. William Rossow.
- To access the FH data, you will be asked for a username and password. Enter "isccpfluxfh" and "clouds", respectively.
- FH On-line Data
- FH Documentation and Publications
The old, second-generation ISCCP-FD product covering July 1983-December 2009 product with its five sub-products also remain available. See the ISCCP data product description page for more details.
- ScaRaB-ISCCP Joint Analysis
- Baseline Surface Radiation Network (BSRN)
- Intercomparison of Radiation Codes in Climate Models (ICRCCM)
- International Intercomparison of 3D Radiation Codes (I3RC)
- NOAA Surface Radiation Network (SURFRAD)
- CERES/ARM/GEWEX Experiment (CAGEX)
- Shipboard Oceanographic and Atmospheric Radiation (SOAR)
- Surface Solar Irradiance and PAR Produced for SeaWifs